Thursday, April 14, 2005

it's my beat...

The warbling call of morning, the first hesitant steps into a new day, and trying to remember the vaguest of conversations from the night before seems pointless right now. I love the morning. I love the idea that for a while, there is nothing constricting me from the great "perhaps." What else can you ask for but sunny skies and a cool breeze skirting the mountains, heading onward, wherever the wind blows? Not much.

Stuck somewhere between eyes flecked with emeralds and those remarkably obtuse statements that rip stitches off of lips and leave us blowing blood bubbles where words are supposed to be is that tangled image of beauty and fanaticism where everything is what it seems. (I'd just like to point out that for every person who bitches and moans about things not being as they look, the real problem would be if they did. Do you know how confusing it is to trust something that can lie as effortlessly as eyes?)

Wandering in a haze of Bruce Cockburn lyrics and leaky tiki poetry, I can't help but see that aside from a few small things that I cannot get into publicly, things are pretty good right now. (hey you worry about what you need, I'll find what mine somewhere else) It would seem I am well on my way towards the idyllic life of a beach bum, and what more can you ask for? It does seem hysterical to walk around a college campus and hear about everybody who wants to do BIG things with life. People seem to want money, power, responsibility, and the chance to be on top. (On top of what you may ask? On top of the human shit pile is the only answer I can arrive at.)

There are days this gets frustrating, since it would seem that there are few like me who desire only to let someone else run the world and be left alone long enough to make up my own mind about the world, and the small part I play. It is mornings like this that I feel like I was given a mental and spiritual reprieve from the big worries of life. Somehow, my weltanschauung happily does not jive with the idea of control or responsibility. I got enough trouble figuring out my life, I can't imagine being in charge and having to direct someone else's life. That is asinine. So, I will do my writing, go to work, and watch the sun set and rise with a cold can of Bud Light. I wasn't going to post this again, but why not, he is Jim Morris and he writes the songs, while I am CF, and I sing along...

Egrets, no regrets
A jug of wine and a cute brunette
And fifty things I haven't thought of yet

Surf's up, sun is high
Pretty sailboats passing by
Lovely women, my oh my
Egrets, no regrets
Taking a spin on life's roulette
Bought my chips and I've placed my bet
I've got the egrets and no regrets


I ain't worried bout anything passing me by
I ain't worried I got all I need
A pretty beach and a sunny sky
Palm trees, swimming pools
And wacky tourists dressed like fools
They don't like me cause I break the rules
I've got those egrets and no regrets
Wind speed is my concern
I'm happy, now, from bow to stern
So let me tell you just what I've learned


I've got egrets and no regrets
I've got no money but I've got no debts
And everyday I get a free sunset
I got egrets and no regrets

I ain't worried bout anything passing me by
I ain't worried I got all I need
A pretty beach and a sunny sky
(words & music Jim Morris)
--------

Well, that would be it for now. I'll find my beach, you be responsible, and make mommy and daddy proud. This is my life, and you'll get no dissent from me. I'll be under the setting sun, where the water turns red and orange, and I can already smell the shrimp cooking on the grill. See you by the water...

cf

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here