Wednesday, February 16, 2005

would you believe i was gonna go home?

The music (new Mavericks stuff) is just loud enough for me to whisper into the keys that I sent an email which I fully believe will be misunderstood to someone about 4 hours ago. Now, certainly, I could take preventative steps to make sure nothing is misinterpreted, but sometimes, confusion can work to your favor. In this particular case, I know exactly what the end result will be (no worries for either party) so I am just going to sit here and daydream and write and not worry about the email. Experience tells me that there will be no reply, but I hope this person understands we are on very laissez faire terms. Hopefully, we have made cross-eyes at each other for the last time, at least for a while.

So, for the good news. I may have found a place that will publish a short poetry book I have been working on since the good old Washington Days. Originally, it was going to be entered into one of those ubiquitous poetry contests, but I have elected to go a non-competitive route through the good people at CafePress.com. So, more updates soon, but I am thinking book tour over spring break? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I think I just pissed myself.

Well, another day in the life. Haven't slept well in a long time, but tonight, I have some new tunes, including the single best cover EVER of a Springsteen song. Go find a copy of The Mavericks doing "Downbound Train." Certainly, you recall that the late great Johnny Cash tried his best to do Bruce, including, I think, this song. However, his voice was too deep. I know what you're thinking. "CF, doesn't Raul Malo have a similar deep voice?" To which I say, just listen, he hits the shit like yesterdays virgins.

Speaking of ex-virgins (edging into funny, yet introspective, yet extremely hurtful remarks) still no word from she-who-must-not-be-named. I will not lie, I think this is a bit classless, but shit, you can't make someone return an email, and I was trying to apologize...I guess I intimidate others...except people who know me, and know I am as gentle as a little lamb with rabies. Is that too harsh a characterization? Methinks not, but the psychiatrists say you gotta love yourself. (I'm not currently enrolled in a funny farm, but I've been through it enough to stay current) Fuck them all is what I say. Now, we we're talking about virginity?

(only a few of my loyal readers will get that joke. i hope its you!)

Now, if someone could help me out via email or instant messenger.... do I know anyone in Philly? (CF isn't sure, but he has been through that town and had some good times there. Dead in 2003, good times.) Dev, is that you? If it is (and that would be a fucking miracle, I haven't seen her in years, since my last trip to Pittsburgh, where the Patriots go to win AFC Championship games.) by all means send me a fucking email man!

Well, let's get drunk. See you soon dearest, don't start the car without me. If you have a good cheap idea for spring break, pass it along. I got a car; I just need a destination...

cf


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here