Sunday, February 06, 2005

developing resistance to reality...

Figured I'd put a few words down, it's been quite a while and plus, it's an important day. SB XXXIX!! I am confident, but not cocky about our chances. It will be a good game, but I think we are the better team no matter how you slice it. Oh, I also predict that TO does NOT walk off the field. Same with Freddy Mitchell. (We could have killed Mike VanDerJerkoff from the Colts, but he's a kicker, and it would look bad.) At any rate, Rivermill again (why change? It's been a mighty lucky place at times for me....though I suppose I have had one or two conversations I wish I hadn't had in the fine drinking establishment. Er, cough cough.)

Now, the more important stuff. I'm kind of at a loss about what to do about a lot of stuff right now, and while confidence tends to be, at best, a dicey notion at times, I think it is safe to say that untangling this little knot is kind of trying my patience. Delving ever deeper into this situation, all I can think is that "I've been here before" but in that kind of hazy way, where you know you faced a similiar situation before, and that you fucked it up, not terminally, but definitely chronically, and all you wanna know is what you did just to make sure you don't do it again. So, after making my head spin with thoughts like that for the better part of 3 days, I am going to pretend that this is someone else's problem, and not mine. Mostly, I don't really like getting my hands dirty, and this situation (certainly of my own creation, but why let that bother me if it is someone else's problem?) That was hard to justify, but worthwhile.

Besides, I know hope is never lost, so, despite the fact that it is one possible outcome amongst many, I will continue to hope. At any rate, much like Bubba, it would seem I am sitting at the port of Indecision, waiting for the waiting to end. THe good news is that as always, with enough waiting, anyhting will end, so it is really only a matter of time now before I get some clearer fucking idea of what I am waiting for. (Hey, I sound nuts, just like the Christians and Jews!)

Well, on a lighter note, the 3 new Jim MOrris albums are fucking sweet. Nobody really knows who this guy is, but he is the best of the island singer-songwriters I have ever heard, and thankfully, I bumped into his tunes in 1998. Check his site out here. Buy a T-shirt, or better yet, I'll make you a CD if you are really nice. (Shit, I am talking to nobody. Get him!)

Favorite new lyrics:

He said the sign on the left said "Jesus is God"
"Make Him Your Savoir Today"
The sign on the right said "We Dare to Bare All"
"Stop in at Café Risqué"
He was totally conflicted as he drove down the interstate
So he stopped for lunch
And when the waitress came by
He said, "Ma'am your tits look great"

(from Drinking Song #46)

And I'm proud to be a sentry
By the Caribbean Sea
If they come by water
They gotta come by me
Old Jose has my back
In case they come by land
I'm a soldier of good fortune
And I'm guarding the Yucatan

(from Guarding The Yucatan)

(There is so much more, but I don't wanna end up getting sued by dude, so check the stuffo ut yourself, if you like Buffett, you'll like Jim Morris even better.
Speakng of Buffett....there is a chance of seeing him in NC late Feb. This is the part where I think of a plan and then decide fuck it, lets go TOGETHER......hahahahaha, do they call that a snowball's chance in hell???? Anyways, I think I can have a little fun with this one, and that's all I want, to have a little fun. And profit. Mostly fun.....

cf

"From the mountains of Jamaica
To the jungles of Brazil
He gazed at stars and battled scars
And hopes that lingered still
Time soon worked its magic
And the distance eased his mind
Memories bleared then disappeared
And that suited him just fine"

jim morris

i am in such an island mood this morning! GO PATS!!!!!!! MAKE PHILLY CRY!!!

cf

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here