Wednesday, February 09, 2005

captain save-a-ho says gimme your hand....

another lyric poem, i know what you're thinking "Damn man, you always said you disled formulaic rhyme!" and I did. And I do. However, I am thinking that since I am concentrating more on fiction than poetry, and these types of songs are so much fun to work on as a diversion, well, there you go. Plus, one day, I will learn the guitar and put htis shit to music myself!!! Until then, we'll work something out, eh Lisa? hahahaha. The background on this piece is bit reotrospective, you can debate amongst yourselves just how much truth there is in any of this, but I won't tell. More later, I'm working on developing a theme through ten to twelve songs, building on the whole "Tunnel of Love" concept album. The theme won't be love of course, but we'll see where it goes.


"revenge"

the trouble with honesty is it’s always the truth
when to be perfectly honest a lies of more use
though misuse is the rule that defines the law
so much i don’t understand, something you never saw
what are you looking for, who is it you see?
am i so many different people none of them know me?

It seems that again folly chases death
Do you know this story, or shall I give you the rest?
if you weren’t so perfect i wouldn’t be so insane
but for some fucking reason i can’t give you the blame
i don’t think it was any kind conscious choice
more likely just hearing the sound of your voice

the funniest part is how i’m willing to try
like throwing poodles out of windows, expecting they’ll fly
or looking for snowmen dancing jigs in hell
(I’m so optimistic, couldn’t you tell?)
of course on the flip side it could someday work out,
and I wonder if that’s what your my is about

(four months later)

so the trouble with honesty is still the same game
whispers of truth that walk like the lame
now the only question i have left to ask,
was it pre-ordained misery or can i look back and laugh?
i’m one less person than i was yesterday
A new one tomorrow for a new game to play

still, an Aphrodite smile i’d never ignore,
no matter how much it seems that i’ve seen that before
the best part is still meeting and flying around
to make it worthwhile to crash into the ground
i can only assume that’s why people fall in love
let's watch the sky to see someone falling from above

-------

the ending is weak, but it's a bit better than tweedle-dee tweedle dumb, and it's all just word play anyway. Well, the cats are stalking me because they are hungry, and I want to watch the Simpsons...

cf

ps - today was AWESOME for about 5 minutes. the trick as i see it is to make tomorrow awesome for 10. again, I ain't saying, just got a feeling...

"it's great to be young and insane."

cf

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here