Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ia ora te natura e mea arofa teie ao nei....

"I know I don't get there often enough
But God knows I surely try
It's a magic kind of medicine
That no doctor could prescribe"

Ah, the last of the winter holidays, at least for me. As per usual, I'm glad to see them go and regular life can return. It's a good day to think about what I really want from life, since as far as I know, I have never written much about that, so I have spoken to people about it a lot.

So, without further ado, what is it that I want? Sand. Sun. Blue clear waters lapping my feet and a cold Caribe or Red Stripe in my hand and something to write on. Yes, the Caribbean. And, after grad school and my docotorate have been obtained, I will beo nt he first plane or tramp steamer down south. Perhaps I won't fit in any better down there than I do here, but at least I'll be in the Caribbean. It's the best move I can make for me, and besides, it is the only place I have ever felt at home. So, to the fine bartenders at Skinny Legs Bar & Grill, keep it cold, I'll be back shortly, and even shorter if I don't get in to grad school....

So, this birthday won't be ruined by a ringing phone, I will be getting as intoxicated as possible tonight. Unfortuante there isn't a decent sporting event on my day, but shit, this is the 25th straight birthday without real sports action to entertain me, so perhaps I'll just pop in my Sox or Pats CHAMNPIONSHIP DVD's and enjoy. (I know, the college football thingy is on tonight, but can we be honest and admit minor league football has become much bigger than it really deserves? Ladies and gentleman, check out the NFL or MLB, both feature athletes at the top of their game and possesing the highest of athletic skills. Sorry, rant over!)

As for me, aside from a few small things still up in the air, I think it is time to enjoy a little treat. Before I go, I just wnted to write a small list of the good things that happened while I was 24. (Someone gave me this advice a long time ago, and I guess this is a good time to test it out. (Thanks R!)

1. Red Sox WS Champs!
2. Pats win SB XXXVIII
3. The good friendship of my roomate and her fiance/Reuniting with LZ/J&M MNF nights/Paul & Manh Do in WA/
4. Rediscovering friendship with my bro
5. Everyone at the Rivermill B&G
6. Bud Light.
7. Bud not light...(you figger that one out!!!)
8. The possibility of future Buffett & Springsteen shows (will one of you fuckers get some tour dates out already??!!!)
9. All the other friends that I have lost touch with and will find again (Columbia, MD and Berkely, CA)
10. Roadtrips, drugs, concerts, games, and all the shit I am gonna git into this year. Cars unlocked and gas is cheap, see ya out on the road. (HEY JIMMY, OPEN THE BAR, I'M COMING ON DOWN!!!)

aloha,

cf

ps - "Rusty Old American Dream" by Pat Green, "Feelin' Good Again" by REK, and everything Buffett ever wrote, cause once again, buffett is key.

cf

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here