Wednesday, October 27, 2004

A few links for some further reading...

Freedom From Religion Foundation - Great site, tons to read, check out the Nontracts and essays, plus a good section on women and religion.

Island of Freedom - A lot of material, plus well researched essays on theologians, philosophers, writers, poets, musicians, mathamticians, etc. New site design, easier to wade through.

As for me, Bertrand Russell (Check here for the Encyclopedia of Philosophers entry) said it best when he wrote:

"I wish to propose for the reader's favourable consideration, a doctrine which may, I fear, appear wildly paradoxical and subversive. The doctrine in question is this: that it is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true."

I'm not saying you should try that. But I think I will.

cf

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here