Monday, October 04, 2004

epiphany & a lost post....

OK, I lost the good long post I wrote, the one where I spoke eloquently and delivered a soul stirring account of a crazy weekend, but then the internet ate the fucking thing, and now you have a guttural, crazed account of a nine hour drive and how it rescued me from my previous "Poor, poor, pitiful me" stage. (many thanks to Joe Henry, Robert Earl Keen and Warren Zevon for the inspiration and tunes....Especially Zevon. WZ was told by his doctor that he had inoperable cancer and was going to die, and he went home and began to record a whole new album filled with life. That's the way to do it, live until the last day dies.)

At any rate, a drive to clear my head turned into a nine hour journey to NoVa where I picked up a guitar and 5 rolls of toilet paper. Oh yeah, and ate a chicken sandwich. At any rate, I got to thinking about all the crap I have been worrying about, about all the things in my life I thought were just so bad....and realized things were pretty fucking good. For one thing, this will be the third time one of my teams has entered the playoffs right after me being dumped. Twice, the Patriots took me in and delivered championship seasons. If the Red Sox deliver, it will be the single greatest day of my life. This team has killed me, torn my heart in half, and then rebuilt my faith from the ground up. The Red Sox are a huge part of my identity, and I feel like one of the unifiers I have with the region where I was born. It's like carrying around a piece of hometown, even if it is a place I know little about, nor have the urge to live in. All good here, this is a good time for the playoffs to come, and I am ready to lose my soul and have my heart destroyed again, but they are the Red Sox, and I am from Boston, and this is THE YEAR....

So things are good. Today I am dropping off my last responsibility to an ex in the form of two books, and then I am ready to hit the hookah bar, sit and read until my mouth tastes like mixed fruit and I come here to study and watch Monday Night FB. (Oh yeah, the Patriots. The Patriots played a half decent game and still destroyed the Bills. It hurts a bit to see Bledsoe on the receiving end of such a bitch slap, but he never did deliver us where Brady has gotten us twice. So, Tom Terrific, as I said back in Week 5 or 6 of the 2001 season, "If this guy wins the Superbowl, I will change my allegiance to Brady from Bledsoe." I have had no trouble keeping that promise. The Pats are scary good, and this will be a good season to watch. You can almost feel the magic as the players band together under Belichick to defend the Lombardi trophy. I have a good feeling about this team.

Well, time to go and do some errands, some stuff, and some things. What are some good songs for a day like this? Hows about "Somewhere They Can't Find Me" by Simon & Garfunkle, "You Got Gold" by John Prine and "Goodbye Stranger" by Supertramp. (Listen to the lyrics really closely, they are really funny and inventive.) Anyhow, perhaps soon there will be a new literature and music blog, title to come soon. This blog will focus solely on tunes and books, and how amazing minds use amazing words to amaze. Fun times? Perhaps, it remains to be seen if I can inspire any commentary since this blog seems to be read by a few, and none of them have much to say in a public forum.

cf

ps - THIS IS THE YEAR!

esruc eht esrever.........

cf

Comments:
buy tramadol online tramadol grasscity - buy ultram no prescription
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here