Tuesday, October 12, 2004

another goodbye...GO SOX!!!!

I was gonna write a sobby post about saying goodbye to people, as you might have guessed from the title. However, after writing the first sentence, I had a change of heart and of inspiration. Good things are coming, and I must look forward, or risk the chance of shock and surprise. Hence, a new topic for a new week to go with a new job (thanks roomie!) Plus, if I keep practicing guitar for like six more months, I will be an official member of the guitar players club and get a sticker. Right on!

Today, my beloved Red Sox will open the ALCS in New York. Officially attired in my Yankees Suck shirt and sox bandana, i will be making my way to campus in total anticipatory delight until the clock strikes 8:00 tonight. I have been waiting ever since that depressing drive home from Glory Days Bart & Grill last October...The start of a really strange year. Maybe this is the year. Maybe this is the time. Maybe, faith is rewarded inb ways other than Springsteen tickets...but that is another story for another time. Time to smoke a cigarette and get going to class. WHY NOT US? RED SOX ROCK, YANKEES SUCK

cf

ps - Songs? "Dirty Water" (DKM) "For Boston" and of course, for those lovely ladies out there in the swamps of jersey or the fields of oklahoma, "gone (that'll be me)" by Dight Yoakum.

cf

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here