Tuesday, September 28, 2004

past the point of rescue...

Damn, it was hard to couple a few minutes to type with the proper inspiration to come together for this post. Nothing earth-shattering I guess, more just a quick musing before heading out the door to learn about grad school and go to class. You know, having 4 days off every week is both strangely gratifying and horrendously wasteful. Why is it so hard to get something done when you have too much time, and seemingly easier (and faster!) when time is at a premium? Arrgh...

So, good times of late. Doing my usual to keep the drama and confusion reigning in my world, and of course, my karmic punishment arrived in the form of the last tentacles of Hurricane Jeanne. Today I get the pleasure of dancing my way to class in the rain, though hopes are high a ride home may be in the offing. That seems a fitting epitaph for day to day life, "Hopes are high." It is strange to realize I am seeing the first true change from possibility to actualization. It will be fun to watch how people change in the next few years. I imagine I will change too, but I hope not that much. I don't like change....

So long for now, but a few songs to keep in mind today. "Sold" by Joe Henry, "Tessie" by Dropkick Murphy's (In honor of the Sox clinching a berth in the postseason...boys, don't break my heart again!!!) and "I Want You" by Springsteen.

"We're both too young to take that ride
the lonesome organ grinder cries
the silver saxaphone says I should refuse you
but I want you
I want you
I want you"

cf

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here