Tuesday, September 21, 2004

joe henry loves you madly...

the best music for a broken heart is the same as the best music for when you feel like you could conquer the world....whatever the fuck makes you feel something that accentuates the situation at hand. Right now is kind of a bummer morning, just more of the same. I lost the first post I wrote, which was a cool compare contrast of Joe Henry ad Leonard Cohen. I was going to retype it, but at this point, what's the use?

Short discussion w/ someone special early this morning...the truly wierd thing is that I was even up. I swore Icould hear someone calling my name to wake up, and I had only been asleep since around 4:00 a.m. (Hey insomnia is a bitch, what're you going to do?) The post I lost also touched on this, but I think it bears repeating here. For me, talking to someone for the first time since a rather uncomfortable situation really tears open the old wounds. Let me just say "Right on!" to those lovely feelings of loneliness and dread. Do I sound like a woman enough yet?

Which I shouldnt even say because in these times, god fucking forbid someone accuses me of not being pro-woman enough....And further, let me say that some days, I don't feel very pro-woman. I certainly don't ever feel anti-woman, but after the latest debacle, forgive me if it takes me some time to rebuild my trust in the fairer sex.

But this morning, I am gonna listen to Joe Henry and groove my way to class. And to buy cigarettes before class, cause I am out and since my roommate is sleepin, I am gonna go steal one of hers. Don't worry, I'm a replace it later today...

Songs to keep in mind today - "Bob and Ray" by Joe Murphy, "Rusty Old American Dream" by Robert Earl Keen (or Pat Green, can't seem to pin down the writer...) and "Famous Blue Raincoat" (get the L. Cohen version, for what it's worth, I find it more honest than the one by Judy Collins.)

joe henry loves you madly,

CF

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here